March 26, 2010

Love My Gagh Or Go DIAF

The reason I created a blog was because twitter didn’t offer enough characters to properly vent. Normally the two don’t crossover. This update is an exception.

I mentioned earlier that my coworker confused my breakfast with a bowl of mealworms. When I told him he was crazy, he countered that people around here eat strange things or maybe I was going fishing later. As ridiculous as his assumptions were, it got me thinking: Why do people feel the need to comment on other people’s food? Even if I were eating mealworms (and not delicious pear cobbler oatmeal), what would it matter? Obviously it’s something I want to be eating. No feedback needed.

Many of my coworkers like to comment. My favourites are the ones who tell me that my food disgusts them. I never know if I should apologise when they make those comments. If you go to someone’s house for dinner, you don’t tell say you hate the food. You’re polite. You deal. I expect the same courtesy when they’re not expected to eat my food.

Characters used = 1,000.

1 comment:

  1. They do it so they can feel better about the over-processed garbage in cheery wrappers they eat.

    ReplyDelete