January 1, 2010

Samuel Peeples' Evolution

I’m not a fan of New Year’s resolutions. It annoys me that they are all the rage in January. Accomplishments shouldn’t depend on a calendar. I've never made one but I would consider it if they were as great as everyone thinks. My exercise facility sees a frenzy of new faces (similar to churches at Christmas or Easter time). Until February they’ll be in my way. Obviously, as far as a motivational catalyst, they aren’t effective.

I prefer to look at the year as a whole. I may try a few new things or travel somewhere new. You know, explore strange new worlds; seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go...What? I have to keep it simple; otherwise a new year will only mean more work and I’m lazy.

The closest thing I have to a resolution this month is to relax. My stress level was so high in December; it’s hard to come down cold turkey. I think it fueled me through the whole month and now I can’t function without it. People, a receptionist doped up on stress? It’s not pretty.

Characters used = 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment