July 20, 2009

What's In Your Cup?

In our office, we have a three-pot coffee maker. Anyone who reads my twitter knows I have a love-hate relationship with coffee. I occasionally drink it at work out of desperation. The coffee is swill, but I cope because I don’t want to be a coffee drinker. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot to like about coffee. Besides the caffeine boost, it’s fresh, hot, and free (unlike many other beverages).

After working here for five years, I recently learned how to make the coffee. I rarely drink it but I enjoy making it. One thing bothers me. We normally have two pots of regular brewed. People are constantly drinking from the freshest pot, leaving the other pot half full. Maybe I’m irrationally annoyed, but wouldn’t the logical thing be to drink from the older pot? Finish it up before starting a new one? We would all like the freshest coffee but some of us are considerate enough to resist. Maybe I’ll start flipping the pots so they think they have the freshest one. Yeah, that’d make me happy.

Characters used = 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment