June 1, 2009

On the Seventh Day...

When I started working, they told me the hours would get easier. They lied. Every morning I wake up late and tired. Mondays are especially rough because I sleep in on Sundays. Once bedtime rolls around, I’m not aware how late it is. Last night was no exception. After buying my tickets to Brewfest, I went back to watching old episodes of House. Around 2 a.m. I call it a night. Five hours sleep is functional.

At 6 a.m., our lousy condo neighbours decided to ring our doorbell and bang on the door. Startled and confused, we thought we had imagined it. Half an hour later it happens again. We hear loud talking. Convinced something might be wrong, we answer the door. Their lower condo unit was flooding and could we be to blame? We don’t share a wall with their unit (they share 3 but not with us). They let us go back to sleep but continue to yell outside our window.

They amaze me. Personally, I would be inside trying to prevent further damage and calling the emergency number. Think much?

Characters used = 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment