June 30, 2009

Cars Suck; Home Edition

It was bound to happen. I decided to drive the nice car yesterday. By nice I mean, nicer then our other car. Three blocks from my mom’s house the power steering cuts out. Or, as I look it, a reminder of how little upper arm strength I have. I managed to make it to my mom’s house, but that's it. All things considered, I was lucky. I didn’t get hurt, I could safety pull over, and I have free towing. Before you mention it, driving a car after the power steering goes out is bad.

For nine years, I’ve had AAA. I’ve used them four times. Once I picked up a giant bolt in my tire and needed it repaired. Another time I locked the keys in the car while it was running (this should not be possible!). The other two times? I needed a tow because my power steering cut out. What are the odds of that? I might be wrong, but I get the impression this isn’t common. It’s all timing and coincidence. I wish I knew what caused it, but I have a feeling both times it was a fluke. We all know I excel at those.

Characters used = 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment