June 25, 2009

Cane Shaking Strange

Oh music. Next to current events and television it’s a popular topic to discuss. It tells you a lot about the person, yet remains comfortable and unintrusive. “What kind of music do you like?” they ask. “Aren’t you clever?” I think. Jokes on them because I don’t have an answer. I couldn’t tell you who my favourite band is, or why I like a certain song. I rarely listen to music and when I do it’s quickly forgotten.

In college, I used to work at my computer and listen to talk radio. I know I’m probably not old enough to admit this, but I like talk radio. I enjoy the banter, the stupid callers, and the format of the shows. I never understood all the people that sat in their rooms and listened to music for hours. I guess it was a fun way to pass the time? My sister used to tell me to do that, but I didn’t understand the stereotype.

I'll stick with my Alan Combs, Bill O'Reilly, and George Noory. In the meantime, keep listening to your music, don't worry about me, and stay off my lawn.

Characters used = 1,000

1 comment:

  1. I love talk radio too, but I'm quite sure that I wouldn't be alive today without music. Then again, I AM a musician, but still. Music and books kept me alive when it seemed like nothing else would. Or could. Or should.

    :)

    ReplyDelete