August 3, 2009

Faulty Wiring

I often get into arguments about sleep. Morning and night people have no common ground. We'll never understand each other. I've been accused of being lazy and undisciplined (I’d like to see a morning person stay awake as late as I do). When I started working first shift, my mom thought I'd never last. Be awake and functional before noon? It was unheard of. I was told that the mornings would get easier (not true).

I know why I’m tired during the day (it’s because I don’t sleep at night), but I cherish the nighttime. It's the highlight of my day. I generally can make it to work close to my start time. It then takes a few hours before I’m fully awake. When I get home, I’m wide-awake.

Thursday night for one reason or another was a long one. I had a nap around dinnertime and was awake again until 3 a.m. On Friday morning I was woken up at 10 a.m. (AKA two hours after my shift at work starts). Oh hell. My alarms across the room were both set properly.

I'm glad things are easier now.

Characters used = 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment