July 31, 2011

Though You Treat Me Like A Dancing Bear

Twelve years ago girl moves to new country. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Girl is oblivious to his advances but happy to have a friend. Girl gets to know boy and goes to the movies with him (as friends). Boy is happy. Girl is happy, but in denial. Soon boy and girl start dating.

Skip to the end.

Girl and boy get married one year ago.

In New York (because we're trendy like that).

Two of the hardest things about marriage that no one warned me about? Creating and using a new signature and calling the boy husband. The most common question I get? (It's not what you think.) Everyone asks me "How's married life?" I feel their agreement when I tell them it's the same.

I may be one of the few people who went into marriage knowing nothing does (or should) change. Except for my name. But that was my choice.

Ah marriage, I avoided you for as long as I could, but in the end you are like the smoke monster. All show and no action. You're not as scary as I imagined you to be.

<3

Characters used = 1,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment